.
Welcome to the Riva – Alaria Connections. This blog is an attempt to preserve family history from my father's side and to share it with others who might be interested in following our ancestors over the past hundred plus years.

There are three ways to find your way around this blog. 1) Under 'Family History' (right hand column) you'll find links that are arranged in chronological order of when events happened in the family including documents, photos and other research found. 2)
The 'Blog Archives' is a list of blog entries organized in their posted order. 3) 'Labels' are links to blog entries that include some mention of the key words listed. My research has gone as far as I'll probably take it but if anyone reading this has something to add, I'd be delighted if you'd leave it in a comment. Or to just contact me just leave a comment at the end of any blog entry and I promise not to publish your e-mail address. ©
.

December 3, 2008

Certificate of Nationalization.............. Giacomo (James) Riva

This certificate was issued from Marshall County, Illinois, USA, on October 29, 1898 for James (English for Giacomo) Riva.

Click to enlarge


Click to enlarge.
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm researching Joseph Riva who lived at what is now known as Dalzell Ill. Bureau county. He died when he was 27 years old at the Cherry mine disaster in 1909. Do you know if they were related to James Riva?

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I wish I had an answer for you but I don't know. My grandfather (Giacomo/James) had a younger brother named Joseph. In 1909 my grandfather would have been 36 and I know my grandfather was trapped in a mine overnight once but he survived. Wish I could be of more help but I don't have any dates for our Joseph that we can compare with yours.